Pain is an experience that cannot be understood by those,not in pain. Hence, it is easy for these “pain-less” people to give advice on how to manage pain without resorting to drugs like ibuprofen – the first line of treatment for those suffering from any kind of pain – because of the side effects on the liver. But not all remedies rendered by these helpful people are useful. But here, we give you proven natural remedies to the pain that will ensure that you never need ibuprofen again.
- Ginger: This root has anti-inflammatory properties which prevent the formation of inflammation-causing compounds like prostaglandins and leukotrienes while reducing existing inflammation thereby reducing pain.
- Turmeric: The new age mantra for all aches, pains and even cancer, the curcumin in turmeric not only reduces pain but also improves circulation. Just mix a teaspoon of turmeric in warm milk and have at night for relief from pain and even fever.
- Capsaicin: This active ingredient present in chilies and peppers prevent the pain signals from reaching the brain. While eating a raw chilly might not be the best solution you can use gels and creams with this substance as the active ingredient. Check Payspi for high-quality products using capsaicin.
- Sunflower seeds:Low levels of magnesium often cause pain. Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium and must be eaten to relieve muscle spasms and migraines.
- White willow bark: Considered the natural aspirin, white willow bark contains a substance called salicin which in the presence of hydrochloric acid in the stomach turns to salicylic acid which is basically aspirin. It is frequently used to treat inflammation and pain.
Many of these ingredients can be found in over the counter medicine for pain but they are synthetically derived and have severe side effects. In their natural form, these substances are safe and efficacious.