Forex trading accounts have been and remain a tempting target for lovers of illicit enrichment. You can avoid the threat and not be left without money, but for this, you need to follow a number of important procedures.
With the development of the Internet, the percentage of threats awaiting users while surfing the web has grown. Yesterday, the Internet for the mass consumer as a means of entertainment and communication, now on the network, you can perform almost any operation: from buying products to paying for utility bills. Payments are made using bank cards and accounts. In this case, the standard protection programs that protect only from the most primitive threats remain the only means of protection for many users.
Even for those who need the Internet only for social networks and online games, a stolen password will cause a lot of problems. If you are one of those who are called traders, then Internet security is no less important for you than in real life.
There are several tricks, the knowledge of which is necessary for each trader and allows you not to become a victim of scammers.
The most important Forex procedure today is verification or the provision of a package of documents confirming the identity of the trader. This procedure is useful for both brokers and traders. No one is surprised by the request to present documents, for example, when buying plane tickets? Today, even users pass verification when registering on social networks. When making monetary transactions, this procedure becomes more reasonable.
The request for verification when registering with a broker usually does not repel me at all. Verification also has advantages for a trader and I will explain why. It is impossible to withdraw money from the account by introducing yourself as someone else’s name if the account holder has passed verification. Of course, brokers, for the safety of the client, do not withdraw funds from their account to systems other than those from which they were replenished. But there are times when fraudsters gain access to mail and personal data that are stored as copies of documents ever sent to someone. Having gained access to this information, scammers contact the broker’s support service and say that the wallet from which the replenishment of trading accounts was carried out was stolen, and funds must be transferred to a new one. The broker requests all the documents of the client in whose name the profile is open, calls the phone number indicated during the registration of the profile. Naturally, in most cases, the broker’s team will get to the bottom of the truth. But what happens if you do not indicate the phone number, and the broker’s connection with you is possible only by mail, which was stolen from you? In such cases, the broker takes a timeout, waiting to see if additional information appears. Perhaps if the hacking really took place, and the story of the loss of access to the replenishment wallet is made up, then the real owner will soon appear – already to restore access to your profile changed by the scammer. But the situation is still not pleasant, I can tell you. which was stolen from you? In such cases, the broker takes a timeout, waiting to see if additional information appears. Perhaps if the hacking really took place, and the story of the loss of access to the replenishment wallet is made up, then the real owner will soon appear – already to restore access to your profile changed by the scammer. But the situation is still not pleasant, I can tell you. which was stolen from you? In such cases, the broker takes a timeout, waiting to see if additional information appears. Perhaps if the hacking really took place, and the story of the loss of access to the replenishment wallet is made up, then the real owner will soon appear – already to restore access to your profile changed by the scammer. But the situation is still not pleasant, I can tell you.
- Indicate your real data when registering with a broker;
- Verify your phone, name, and address;
- Do not keep copies of your documents in your email and delete outgoing emails containing your personal information in a timely manner.
Email is one of the tools a trader needs to be protected for the reasons that I voiced above.
Hacking is usually carried out for further resale to spammers. Moreover, hacking mail threatens to further hack all kinds of accounts tied to the box.
The first thing you need to do to ensure email security is to turn on your imagination and come up with a complex password. It is best if it is a phrase with an arbitrary set of words containing special characters such as # / @ and others. Periodic password changes are good hacking prevention.
The main thing is to remember a complex password yourself. Especially for the forgetful, there are programs for storing passwords. However, to protect against accidents, you should not save letters with passwords from trading accounts and broker’s clients’ offices in the mail. A password has arrived – write it in the program for storing passwords and delete the letter itself.
Now let’s talk about password managers – this is software that saves passwords in an encrypted form. In addition, it allows you to change passwords as simple as possible, it stores data both on a computer and remotely.
The three most popular programs are:
- Fans of using the programs will go for free KeePass. There are versions for Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android and Windows Phone. I personally like this program the most, the password database can also be stored on a flash drive, and run it from any computer where KeePass is installed. At the same time, there is sorting by folders inside the database, so that it is easier to navigate in the heap of accesses. After installing the program, you need to create a new password database, name it as you like, and come up with a Master Password that will be used to access this database. In my opinion, it is better to remember one complex password than dozens. Further inside, you already create the necessary folders and place entries with accesses in them.
- LastPass password manager is presented in three use cases:
- Free – for free;
- Premium – $ 2 per month;
- Families – $ 4 per month.
The more expensive the subscription, the correspondingly more features.
- Dashlane – a manager that captivates with its interface, simplicity, and the ability to change multiple passwords for different sites in just a couple of actions.
What to do?
To avoid attempts to steal the money you earned, follow these simple rules:
- Do not be afraid, but love verification;
- do not enter passwords from accounts on other people’s computers;
- use a complex password;
- do not store identification and personal data in the mail;
- Do not leave the terminal unattended;
- change passwords periodically;
- Install a reliable antivirus on your computer;
- use password managers.
Working at Forex is a rather nervous and energy-consuming activity, and reliable protection will be a good reason to avoid unnecessary worries. Therefore, you should not save time or money on security – someday it will definitely pay off.